Saturday, February 03, 2007

College Football

The winners of the College Football Blogger Awards were recently announced, and I wanted to draw your attention to a couple winners. First off, EDSBS took home six awards, including one for this post on Appalachian State's promotional video that should be required reading. Also honored for blogroll members Sunday Morning Quarterback and MGoBlog. I particularly commend to you the post by BON on the Dr. Z Award for analysis: MGoBlog's work has been something that inspired me, as can be seen by shamelessly ripping off UFR. And the piece on third down efficiency puts my blatherings to shame. In analysis terms, I also commend the presentation of the Tyrone Prothro Award; I previously mentioned EDSBS's winning post, but the runner-up, Blue-Gray Sky's four posts breaking down Ohio State's four long touchdown plays in the 2006 Fiesta Bowl against Notre Dammit are, in a word, awesome and a hallmark of what football analysis should be. The fourth college football blog on the blogroll, Buckeye Commentary, was a runner-up for the Best Big 10 Blog award to MGoBlog, but I read it because I'm interested in Ohio State, not for his thoughts on college football in general.

Seriously, if you're a fan of college football, go check out those three blogs, bookmark them, and use them to keep up with that world. If you want to read additional team-specific blogs like I do with Buckeye Commentary, that's fine, but if you're not reading those three, you're missing out.

No comments: