Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Book Review: Total Access

After a couple of books on college football, I read a book on the NFL. Well, kind of. Rich Eisen's Total Access is the story of a first year as the lead anchor and main face of the fledgling NFL Network. Whether or not you enjoy this book probably depends in large part on how much you like Rich Eisen, because the book is centered on him. I thought Rich Eisen was a great choice, and does a fine job for the NFL Network. For me, then, this book was a tremendously fun trip through his 2006 NFL season. If you don't like Rich Eisen as an anchor, I doubt you'll enjoy the book. If you're ambivalent, you may not like the book, but I urge you to give it a try anyway. There's not a great amount of substance here, but I had an awful lot of fun reading this book. Not enough of substance for me to justify buying it, but a very worthwhile library rental.

No comments: