Saturday, December 19, 2009

Miscellanea

It's been a fantastically long time since I've done one of these, so I'll be doing a lot of culling and links will not necessarily be in straight chron order. I'm also behind a couple book review posts. I aspire to being fully caught up by the time I head out of town for the holidays. That's an aspiration, but may not be a realistic goal. Final housekeeping note before I begin: I won't be writing a real review of Football Outsiders Almanac 2009, since I'm now on staff, though I may still do a post on it so I can list it on the sidebar.

Courtesy of The Sports Economist, an expose of income inequality in the NFL! Shocking! If only the author knew anything about caponomics, this would be an interesting article.

Who are the UFL owners? One of them was Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy. This is not an invitation to discuss Ms. Pelosi's politics.

How long has it been since I've done this? I had in my bookmarks, for reasons I can't explain, this post on FSU's first down offense in their game against Miami back Labor Day weekend.

How much have the Packers made? Visit this website to see their financials.

I don't believe I ever linked to PFR's two part look at running back "personality types."

If I actually knew something about statistics, I'd say something about this article on ranking NCAA football teams. Instead, I'll simply point it out, and also note their blog.

A useful list of some of the (old) football books available on Google Books. Gakked from this thread on learning about football history.

Enough for now, since I have bookmarks stored in multiple places and this exhausts one source.

No comments: