Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Books Update

Because, frankly, the last thing I needed was to buy more books, I went ahead and acquired Pat Kirwan's Take Your Eye Off the Ball, Bill Walsh's The Score Takes Care of Itself, and Richard Whittingham's college football book The Rites of Autumn. I also ordered The Games That Changed the Game by Ron Jaworski and Greg Cosell (and David Plaut), though that isn't due for another couple months, which should give me enough time to whittle away at my now-higher pile again. Also acquired this year were Robert Peterson's Pigskin: The Early Years of Pro Football, John Maxymuk's Quarterback Abstract, and The Ultimate Super Bowl Book by Bob McGinn. Reviews of all should appear here eventually, which is a term without a legally enforceable meaning.

Currently in progress is John Pirkle's Oiler Blues, and a review will be showing up here once I finish the book-ETA this weekend. Since I'm among the authors, I won't be doing a full review of Football Outsiders Almanac 2010, but I'll probably put up a post on it at some point more or less for the sake of completeness.

No comments: