Monday, September 05, 2011

Book Review: Football Outsiders Almanac 2011

So, yeah, Football Outsiders Almanac 2011. It's the latest edition of the annual from the people at Football Outsiders. For the second year in a row, that group includes yours truly, and you can find my name on the cover page.

I'm not even going to pretend to give you some sort of objective review of this book. I did the Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans chapters. Neither is perfect; subjective, my favorite chapter I've done is the Jaguars one last year.

We held the book this year until after the lockout, so we had a couple frantic weeks of writing and editing. There are probably more flaws than there have been in the past, but I'm pretty confident the book's not the disaster too many rush projects are.

I've reviewed previous editions of the annual, which was known as Pro Football Prospectus through 2008, on here. My review of PFP08 is probably the most useful.

FOA2011 is available in print from Amazon or Createspace, or in PDF download from the FO online store.

Disclosure: As a co-author, I got a free PDF copy of the book, though I did have to pay for my hard copy.

No comments: